Director of Development and Alumni Relations - East Wake Academy
Are you a creative and experienced fundraiser who is passionate about the power of education? Do you want to build a platform for families and alumni to invest in the future of a school that has transformed them?
Are you East Wake Academy’s first Director of Development and Alumni Relations?
East Wake Academy seeks an enthusiastic Director of Development and Alumni Relations to secure financial support for our organization. The Director of Development and Alumni Relations will set and achieve fundraising goals, maintain knowledge of fundraising opportunities, and cultivate relationships with parents, grandparents, alumni, staff, and community supporters. They will actively lead fundraising events, identify and apply for grants, and maintain a social media presence to promote our school.
The Director of Development and Alumni Relations will build lasting relationships with donors and keep them informed on how their financial impact is making our school and the future graduates of the school successful.
What will you do as East Wake Academy’s first Director of Development and Alumni Relations?
- Develop, execute, and lead a comprehensive development and alumni program focused on long-term, sustainable growth
- In partnership with the Executive Director, cultivate and steward a portfolio of major donors
- Identify and engage a pipeline of prospective individual, corporate, and foundation donors
- Plan and execute special fundraising events, and serve as a community ambassador fulfilling speaking engagements and other appearances
- Partner with the Executive Director and other key staff to collect stories of success from students and their families to be shared with current and potential donors
- Engage Board of Directors and other friends of East Wake Academy to maintain a culture of philanthropy and to fully leverage social networks and centers of influence
- Contribute to the development and execution of a comprehensive communications strategy, including East Wake Academy’s social media presence
Why East Wake Academy?
The mission of East Wake Academy is to maintain a safe, challenging, and creative learning environment.
For 25 years East Wake Academy has developed students’ character and self-esteem while equipping them with the skills needed for a rigorous curriculum. Rooted in a student-centered culture, East Wake Academy has more than 1200 current students and a waiting list of 800 prospective students. East Wake Academy is supported by an active and engaged Parent Teacher Association that stands ready to support our new Director of Development.
East Wake Academy is dedicated to instilling the values of academic citizenship by creating relationships with parents, businesses, and civic partners. With a commitment to building a strong foundation of learning, East Wake Academy provides our students with the competitive edge to win in tomorrow's world.
Want to know more? Visit East Wake Academy’s website at www.eastwakeacademy.org.
Key lived experiences, attributes, and skillsets sought in the Director of Development and Alumni Relations
- Demonstrated success as a front-line fundraiser, including experience with individual and major gifts, grants, and online fundraising
- An active listener and authentic relationship builder
- A dynamic, self-starter that thrives working with autonomy and as part of a collaborative team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of donor research and major donor pipeline processes
- Understanding of charitable bequests and other planned giving vehicles
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft office, fundraising databases, wealth screening software, and donor research tools
Think you are the first East Wake Academy Director of Development and Alumni Relations?
To apply, click on the link to the Director of Development and Alumni Relations position profile at ArmstrongMcGuire.com/jobs. You will see instructions for uploading your compelling cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and professional references. Please provide all requested information to be considered. In case of any technical problems, contact [email protected]. No phone calls, please, and no applications will be accepted by email or directly from third-party posting sites.
Review of candidates will begin in December 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
Salary is in the $65K range. Benefits include a stipend for health insurance, a PTO accrual package, paid holidays, and a flexible work environment including the opportunity for a hybrid on-site/remote schedule.
East Wake Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, natural hairstyle, race, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity religion, creed, genetic information, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic prohibited by law. East Wake Academy stives to maintain an employee relations climate, which promotes maximum personal development and achievement.