Development and Communications Manager - HOPE NC
Are you a creative and experienced fundraiser who is passionate about inclusive and affordable housing? Do you want to help build a housing community that creates a sense of belonging for ALL residents, whether with or without an Intellectual and/or Developmental Disability (I/DD)?
Are you HOPE NC’s first Development and Communications Manager?
HOPE NC is a Triangle-based non-profit whose mission is to create inclusive communities where people of all ages and abilities experience a sense of belonging. HOPE NC is working to provide options where adults with I/DD and older adults can live in their own home in the community while being connected to others in the neighborhood and the supportive resources that they need to thrive.
HOPE NC seeks an enthusiastic Development and Communications Manager to focus on fund development, events, and communications. This is a part-time 20 hours a week hybrid position.
What will you do as HOPE NC’s first Development and Communications Manager?
- In partnership with the Executive Director, execute a comprehensive development program focused on long-term, sustainable growth
- Cultivate and steward a community of existing and prospective individual, corporate, and foundation donors
- Plan and execute special fundraising events, and serve as a community ambassador fulfilling speaking engagements and other appearances
- Oversee the grant program, including identifying opportunities, meeting deadlines, writing applications, reports, and ongoing relationship stewardship
- Maintain integrity of HOPE NC’s CRM, Network for Good, and assist Executive Director in tracking donations and grants, producing acknowledgments, running reports, and analyzing data for presentation to the Board of Directors
- Engage Board of Directors and other friends of HOPE NC to maintain a culture of philanthropy and to fully leverage social networks and centers of influence
- Partner with the Executive Director and other key staff to collect stories of impact to be shared with current and potential donors
- Contribute to the development and execution of a comprehensive communications strategy, including HOPE NC’s social media presence
Why HOPE NC?
HOPE NC was founded in 2018 by three families, driven by their personal experience with the challenging issues facing individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities as they transition to adulthood. These challenges are exasperated by the critical lack of inclusive affordable housing options for people with I/DD in North Carolina.
With a current donor base of over 2,000 families, self-advocates, and community stakeholders, HOPE NC has established its organization and housing concept as viable and has mobilized disability community supporters from across the region and state. This community acts as advocates for HOPE’s mission, meeting with policy makers and engaging on its behalf with community groups.
HOPE’s vision is to create a community that addresses some of the more pressing issues facing individuals living with disabilities and older adults. These include social isolation and a need for belonging, inability to access needed services, loss of opportunities to develop and nurture relationships, all of which have only increased during the pandemic of the past two years. The neighbor-to-neighbor interaction this vision will foster will provide opportunities for these important essential components of improved quality of life to occur.
HOPE NC is led by 1 full-time and 3 part-time staff members and a board of twelve. Their annual budget is $250,000 and primary sources of revenue include grants and individual contributions.
Want to know more? Visit HOPE NC’s website at www.hopenorthcarolina.org.
Key lived experiences, attributes, and skillsets sought in the Development and Communications Manager
- Demonstrated success as fundraiser; experience with annual fund giving, major gifts, grants, and online fundraising preferred
- Resilient and embracing of diversity, maintaining a high degree of integrity and accountability
- An active listener and authentic relationship builder
- An effective and organized project manager, able to meet deadlines and prioritize with autonomy and as part of a collaborative team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of donor research and major donor pipeline processes
- Proficient knowledge of Google Suite; experience with fundraising databases, design software, and social media platforms preferred
Think you are the first HOPE NC Development and Communications Manager?
To apply, click on the link to the Development and Communications Manager position profile at ArmstrongMcGuire.com/jobs. You will see instructions for uploading your compelling cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and professional references. Please provide all requested information to be considered. In case of any technical problems, contact [email protected]. No phone calls, please, and no applications will be accepted by email or directly from third-party posting sites.
Review of candidates will begin in February 2024 and continue until the position is filled.
Compensation is $30/hour. Benefits include a flexible work environment including the opportunity for a hybrid work schedule.
HOPE NC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, natural hairstyle, race, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity religion, creed, genetic information, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic prohibited by law. HOPE NC stives to maintain an employee relations climate, which promotes maximum personal development and achievement.