Director of Development & Communications - Alliance Medical Ministry
Are you passionate about serving your neighbor and ensuring access to healthcare?
Do you find joy building relationships and connecting individuals with an impactful mission?
Do you excel at building dynamic teams and comprehensive development programs to achieve strategic goals?
If so, then you might be Alliance Medical Ministry’s next Development and Communications Director.
Uninsured individuals are less likely to receive preventive care, more likely to develop chronic illnesses, and more likely to be hospitalized for conditions that could have been prevented. All of these factors make it hard to maintain employment, build financial security, and break cycles of poverty.
For more than 20 years, Alliance Medical Ministry (AMM) has been a mission-driven organization that provides access to comprehensive medical care to more than 2,100 working, uninsured adults living in Wake County. Health equity is an important part of what AMM provides patients in addressing the disparities that exist in our healthcare system.
Comprehensive medical care provided at AMM includes acute and chronic medical care, lab and pharmacy services, health education, disease management, counseling, an on-site community farm, and a comprehensive wellness program.
Reporting to the Executive Director, AMM seeks a Development and Communications Director to join their compassionate and dedicated team to help achieve their strategic vision and serve our neighbors.
Learn more by going to https://www.alliancemedicalministry.org.
What will you do as Alliance Medical Ministry’s next Development and Communications Director?
- Develop and drive AMM’s comprehensive, integrated, annual development and communication plan in partnership with the Executive Director, board, and staff.
- Build revenue goals and performance metrics for development and meet revenue requirements for the agency.
- Serve as a member of the leadership team, helping to make strategic decisions to guide the organization and implement AMM’s newly adopted strategic plan.
- Manage Development and Communications team, including a full-time Community Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator, Development Coordinator, Communications Coordinator, contract grant writer, and full-time Head of Farming and Wellness.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors donors, staff, volunteers, and all constituents of AMM.
- Oversee the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donor constituent groups including board, individuals, corporations, and congregations, utilizing staff and board for execution.
- Manage a personal portfolio of donors ($1K+) executing direct face to face solicitations and leading the monthly giving program.
- Execute a formal stewardship plan to further engage donors and volunteers in the mission and to show appreciation for their investments.
- Work with the team to conduct fundraising events designed to increase awareness, raise funds, and offer an effective entry point to the organization as needed.
- Oversee the grant process by supervising the grant writer, ensuring a strong grant pipeline, drafting and managing grant reports, working closely with medical staff to compile reports on clinic and health outcomes and social determinants of health.
- Share stories of impact to motivate volunteers, board members, donors, and partners in ways that inspire support.
- Build the reputation and exposure of the organization through community outreach.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Development Committee, managing the team to help achieve annual goals.
Key lived experiences, attributes, and skillsets sought in the Development and Communications Director
- Professionally and personally uphold core values of equity, respect, sustainability, collaboration, and quality.
- At least 5 years of proven leadership of a comprehensive resource development program with successful face to face solicitations of major gifts ($5,000+).
- Experience building development budgets and establishing performance metrics.
- Organized and detailed-oriented with demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments.
- Able to build and lead a collaborative team with confidence and humility.
- Ability to articulate, verbally and in writing, a passion for the mission.
- Ability to connect with individuals from all walks of life.
- Success building relationships with teammates and members of the community who can personally invest, or who can influence individual, congregational, or corporate giving.
- High energy connector whose default is to engage the community to increase awareness of the organization.
- Success working with a non-profit board of directors and fundraising committees.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; Salesforce; Mail Chimp; Squarespace.
- Experience in healthcare a plus.
Think you are the next Development and Communications Director?
To apply, you will see instructions for uploading your compelling cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and professional references. Please provide all requested information to be considered. In case of any technical problems, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please, and no applications will be accepted by email.
Review of candidates will begin in January 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
Salary is commensurate with experience and the requirements of the position and is in the $75K to $85K range. Benefits include healthcare through BCBS of NC, 15 days of PTO, plus generous companywide holiday schedule, and AMM contribution to IRA.