Director of Operations - Alliance Medical Ministry
Are you passionate about serving your neighbor and ensuring access to healthcare?
Do you have a business mind and an empathetic heart? Do you find joy in building a healthy work environment that brings out the very best in people?
Are you an operational strategist who can also dive into details when needed? Are innovation and creativity important to you?
Are you ready to make a real difference in the lives of those in need of compassionate, holistic care?
Alliance Medical Ministry (AMM) is in search of a Director of Operations who can help bring about its vision for the community.
AMM is a mission‐driven organization that provides access to comprehensive medical care to working, uninsured adults living in Wake County. Uninsured individuals are less likely to receive preventive care, more likely to develop chronic illnesses, and more likely to be hospitalized for conditions that could have been prevented. Health equity is an important part of what AMM provides patients in addressing the disparities that exist in our healthcare system.
AMM is strongly supported by the community and was the recipient of Bank of America’s Neighborhood Builder Award in 2020, and recipient of the Enloe Charity Ball award in 2022. AMM is one of the leading nonprofits in Wake County and is recognized for its compassionate and holistic work for our underserved communities and uninsured neighbors in need.
Comprehensive medical care provided at AMM is centered on treating the complete mind‐body‐spirit relationship, and includes acute and chronic medical care, specialty care, lab and pharmacy services, health education, disease and diabetes management, mental health counseling, pastoral care, and more.
AMM is proud to have an on‐site Community Farm that dispenses over 2,000 pounds of fresh produce directly to patients at no cost, complementing its comprehensive wellness program that includes gardening classes, bilingual cooking classes, walking programs, and more. This work would not be possible without the support of the community – people donating funds, goods, and services for a good cause.
Learn more about Alliance Medical Ministry by going to https://www.ammnc.org.
What will you do as AMM’s Director of Operations?
The Director of Operations oversees the operation of the clinic. The Director of Operations reports to the Executive Director, is a member of the Leadership Team, and works closely and collaboratively with the Medical Director, Director of Nursing, and Patient Services team. The Director of Operations will help guide the organization and implement AMM’s newly adopted strategic plan.
The responsibilities of the Director of Operations include:
Manage the operations of the clinic:
- Oversee patient services, including patient registration and scheduling, patient referrals, and assistance to patients with obtaining free medication through Patient Assistance Programs.
- Develop and implement policies pertaining to the delivery of services in the clinic.
- Ensure the clinic facility and grounds are safe and well-maintained.
- Identify operational needs including human resources, equipment, and supplies.
- Ensure equipment is maintained properly.
- Work with IT contractors on all IT issues, including equipment, operating systems, and applications.
- Direct and/or participate in all quality improvement initiatives dealing with elements of the clinic’s operation.
- Establish and monitor the organizational budget and performance targets.
Ensure compliance with standards and regulatory requirements:
- Promote and monitor regulatory and agency operating standards as well as the patients’ service expectations in all aspects of the practice.
- Maintain AMM’s certifications through enforcement of standards.
- Assess clinic environment and make necessary changes to ensure optimal patient comfort, safety, and compliance with various regulatory bodies (e.g., OSHA, CLIA).
- Be a Champion for annual Recognition from the National Council on Quality Assurance as a Patient Centered Medical Home.
Manage staff and volunteers:
- Support direct reports – Medical Director, Director of Nursing, Patient Services Supervisor – and their teams.
- Foster a positive work environment that encourages engagement, continuous improvement, innovation, and creativity.
- Support staff and volunteer training.
Ensure accuracy and availability of data:
- Capture and report medical information to meet the needs of patients, providers, support staff, directors, funding agencies, and other key stakeholders.
- Utilize data analytics to provide information needed to drive decision-making.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and protect the integrity of the practice’s data.
Key lived experiences, attributes, and skillsets sought in the Director of Operations
AMM’s Director of Operations will possess a myriad of skills, experiences, and attributes from those shared below.
- Commitment to AMM’s core values of equity, respect, sustainability, collaboration, and quality
- Leadership experience in a medical practice, hospital, or healthcare setting
- Experience leading and developing staff, encouraging and inspiring engagement, and building collaborative teams with confidence and humility
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Proficiency with Electronic Health Record systems and statistical tools (such as Excel)
- Ability to manage multiple projects, driving them from planning through execution
- Excellent customer service skills that include troubleshooting and resolving equipment and people issues, handling complaints in a tactful and helpful manner, and responding to crisis situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. and willingness to move furnishings, equipment, and supplies
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
Think you are AMM’s Director of Operations?
To apply, click on the link to the Director of Operations – Alliance Medical Ministry position profile at ArmstrongMcGuire.com/jobs. You will see instructions for uploading your compelling cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and professional references. Please provide all requested information to be considered. In case of any technical problems, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please, and no applications will be accepted by email or directly from third-party posting sites.
Review of candidates will begin in June 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
Salary is commensurate with experience and the requirements of the position and begins in the $75,000 range. Benefits include healthcare through BCBS of NC, PTO and site holidays and AMM contribution to a Simple IRA.